What causes nasal allergy congestion?
Allergies happen when the immune system treats certain harmless substances as allergens, which your body considers a threat.1 When you’re exposed to these small antigens, your body produces antibodies and histamines, which cause allergic and inflammatory reactions.1 The result — you guessed it — is nasal allergy congestion and other allergy symptoms.1
Tips for managing nasal allergy congestion
Avoid allergens: Prevention is a great way to manage allergies before they start. Keep your home clean and free of pet dander, dust, and other indoor allergens. Installing air cleaners with certified asthma and allergy friendly filters is an effective way to reduce allergens. 2
Use an over-the-counter (OTC) nasal spray: Nasacort® Allergy 24HR contains the #1 doctor-recommended type of medicine for nasal allergy congestion relief. The nasal allergy spray works at the source to provide all-day relief. Be sure to use Nasacort® daily for at least a week to feel the most symptom relief. See how to use Nasacort®
Breathing is believing with Nasacort®
Say hello to fresh air and goodbye to nasal allergy congestion with Nasacort® Allergy 24HR. The mist helps relieve common nasal allergy symptoms and contains the #1 doctor-recommended type of medicine for nasal allergy congestion relief.
Learn more about Nasacort® Allergy 24HR
1. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Editors. "Allergies." https://www.aafa.org/allergies.aspx
2. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Editors. "Control Allergens to Improve Indoor Air Quality." https://www.aafa.org/control-indoor-allergens/
3. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Editors. "Allergy Treatment." https://www.aafa.org/allergy-treatments/
4. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Editors. "Chlorine Allergy." https://acaai.org/allergies/allergic-conditions/chlorine-allergy/
5. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Editors. "Environmental Allergen Avoidance." https://acaai.org/allergies/management-treatment/living-with-allergies/environmental-allergy-avoidance/